Use this free School Counsellor job description for posting to online job boards. It is quick and easy to customise for your organisation.
We are looking for a professional School Counsellor to help students prepare for academic achievement, ensure career readiness and develop personal or social competencies through a comprehensive, preventive and developmental counselling program. The goal is to ensure that students will become productive and well-adjusted adults.
- Guide the development and implement a competitive school counselling program that focuses on and promotes students’ success
- Value and respond to the diversity and individual differences of students
- Ensure equitable access to opportunities and rigorous curriculum for all students
- Provide direct support services through structured conventions
- Evaluate areas of strength (KSAOs) and advocate students
- Provide group or individual responsive services
- Collaborate and consult with parents, teachers, community organisations and other stakeholders
- Perform assessments, interpret tests and study student records
- Gather and analyse data to measure results
- Complete regular reports on progress
- Proven working experience in school counselling
- Integrity and professionalism
- Advocacy skills
- Ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse student pool
- Working knowledge of various counselling models, practices and resources
- Engaging interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to collect and analyse data
- Computer literacy
- Sound judgement and emotional intelligence
- Master’s degree in Counselling
WooResumes provides professional resume writing services. Please call 1300 969 966 during office hours for help. We know it’s not easy to write about yourself. Hire a professional resume writer. Get the professional help you need to get hired!