Use this free Instructional Designer job description for posting to online job boards. It is quick and easy to customise for your company.
We are looking for a professional Instructional Designer to design and develop learning and practising experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualise instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Proven working experience in instructional design
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write compelling copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or similar
WooResumes provides professional resume writing services. Please call 1300 969 966 during office hours for help. We know it’s not easy to write about yourself. Hire a professional resume writer. Get the professional help you need to get hired!